Frequent recitation of Our Lady’s Most Holy Rosary is a great sign of predestination; which is simply to say that it is a tremendous particular grace which both our Lord and our Lady have freely bestowed upon a soul as a most effective means to the end of sanctification. Our Lady laments the fact that more souls do not cooperate with God’s Will for their sanctification by using this particular treasury of grace. There is a beautiful prayer which many persons pray immediately prior to their recitation of the Holy Rosary that reveals the “treasures of grace hidden in the Rosary:”
Our Lady of Fatima, You have deigned to come to Fatima to reveal to the three shepherd children the treasures of grace hidden in the Rosary. Inspire my heart with a sincere love for this devotion, in order that by meditating on the mysteries of our Redemption, which are recalled in it, I may be enriched by its fruits, and obtain peace for the world, the conversion of sinners and of Russia, and the favors which I ask of you in this Holy Rosary.
Moreover, we do well to keep in mind the tremendous promises that Our Lady has promised to all who recite her Rosary regularly, with devotion. The 15 Promises, as given by Our Lady to Blessed Alan de la Roche, are as follows:
The 15 Promises for Those who Recite the Rosary
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
- The rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the heart of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the rosary shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
- The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
- All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.